Lake Mead—located on the Colorado River 24 miles southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada—is the largest reservoir in the United States. The lake was formed with the creation of the Hoover Dam in the 1930’s. Due to a combination of drought and increased water demand in the surrounding states (specifically California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona) the lake’s water level has been lowering drastically in recent years. This decreasing water level exposes the white shoreline that is visible in this Overview.
Shipping / Printing Information
- Free shipping is included within the United States.
- International shipping is available for an additional fee --- please contact us if you do not see your country at checkout.
- Prints are completed on Epson Professional Luster Paper by the professionals at Cloud Printing in New York City.
- Please note that prints are not framed and the coloration may vary slightly from what appears on your screen.
- Created in partnership with DigitalGlobe [Image © 2011 DigitalGlobe, Inc.]