This Overview details the canal system of Amsterdam - known as “Grachten.” In the early 17th century, when immigration was at a peak, a comprehensive plan for the city’s expansion was developed with four concentric half-circles of canals emerging at the main waterfront (seen at the top of this Overview). In the centuries since, the canals have been used for defense, water management, and transport. They remain a hallmark of the city to this day.
Shipping / Printing Information
- Free shipping is included within the United States.
- International shipping is available for an additional fee --- please contact us if you do not see your country at checkout.
- Prints are completed on Epson Professional Luster Paper by the professionals at Cloud Printing in New York City.
- Please note that prints are not framed and the coloration may vary slightly from what appears on your screen.
- Created in partnership with DigitalGlobe [Image © 2011 DigitalGlobe, Inc.]